Demarini vs Easton Softball Bats: So you’re attempting to make a decision in between a Ferrari as well as a Lamborghini? That’s a tough choice. The Easton Ghost X and also the DeMarini CF Zen are the first-rate bats and their price mirror it. Obviously, when we are investing that kind of money on a bat we intend to make sure we are getting what we pay for. In our Easton Ghost X vs DeMarini CF Zen write-up we break down our experience as well as some secrets to assisting you make a decision.
- 1 Easton Ghost X
- 2 DeMarini CF Zen
- 3 CF Zen vs Ghost X Case Study
- 4 Measurement Equipment Head to Head.
- 5 Case Study Results
Easton Ghost X
The Ghost X is the next up in Easton’s stellar align of bats, adhering to last year’s extensively effective Mako Beast. This is, like the CF Zen, a two piece composite bat. Easton claims it makes use of an one-of-a-kind procedure in the connective piece to help moisten sting. In terms of what it has more than the CF Zen:
- Bigger Barrel Account
- Extra Sizing Alternatives
The major advantage, as we see it, for the Easton Ghost X is the offered dimension options. In UNITED STATES Bats, for instance, Easton has a number of extra dimensions than the Zen which just comes (for 2018 at the very least) in a decrease 10. Certainly both lines have a BBCOR variation, however the Ghost X has more declines than the CF Zen in the 2018 USSSA as well.
Brand : Easton
What customers say about “Key Specs
- Sounds Great when it hits sweet spot. Weight feels awesome.
- Hot out of the wrapper, event hotter after about 100 swings.
- Worked wonders, hitting balls to the fence first up to bat!
- I bought this bat a few weeks ago and after 9 Varsity games of high school ball I have three home runs already!
- Good balance and thin grip. My daughter likes the feel.
What customers say about “Features”
- The extra pop off the bat, makes a huge difference. Fly outs, turn into doubles, because of this.
- We just got this and my daughter has used it a couple of times and loves it. The ball really pops off of the bat.
- I bought this bat for my daughter. I was nervous because it was longer, and heavier. Her first varsity game, she got 4 RBI’s and the game ball!
- The ball flies off the bat and the pop cannot be denied. I love the distinct sound that the Ghost provides when the ball is struck.
- 2 homeruns and multiple base hits, this bat definitely makes the ball go farther.
DeMarini CF Zen
The CF Zen is a continuation of DeMarini’s prominent CF collection that are understood to be a few of the hottest bats on the marketplace. Like the Easton Ghost X, the CF Zen is a balanced two item composite bat. As we see it, the major benefits the CF Zen has more than the Ghost X are:.
Much better feel on mishits.
An assumption of a much better performance among several players.
Although both of the above ‘advantages’ discovered in the CF Zen are subjective (that is, they can’t be gauged completely) we feel great the very first one, much better really feel on mishits, gives it typically higher rankings specifically in the USA and USSSA area.
Brand : DeMarini
Origin : USA
What customers say about “Key Specs
- Super pleased with this bat. Got it because the new USA rules.
- Bat is a little over stated weight, but the balance point is more in the middle, giving this bat a lower moment of inertia.
- He is very satisfied with it. The ball jumps off the bat.
- Great USA bat. Same “pop” as most USA bats but by far the least stingers from hits away from the sweet spot of any USA bat.
- Great bat. Good power. Absolutely zero stingers.
What customers say about “Features”
- Could not be happier with this bat. Nice pop for a USA Bat and is not as heavy, nice balance also.
- Obviously hard to tell distance/trajectory as we were in a cage, but it looked like warning track power for a kid who is probably barely 4ft and maybe 70lbs.
- My 9y.o son absolutely loves this bat.So far so good…Tested out today and surprisingly it has a nice pop.
- Excellent balance , weight distribution allows my 9yo to accelerate the bat head through the strike zone, as it turns out the entire team uses this single bat
- Nice balance and nice feel. Really looking forward to getting some good hits with it.
CF Zen vs Ghost X Case Study
Editor’s Note: The list below head to head competition of among our JBR authors’ players contrasts a 31 inch Easton Ghost X USSSA to a 30 Inch CF Zen in the USSSA market. Plainly, comparing exit rate metrics with a different sized bat does not make much empirical feeling. Yet, in regards to general feel, the understanding of a real mentoring papa and also his actual playing kid can be beneficial for your decision, also. Finding out more right into the information than is actually there is a blunder. If you desire more unbiased dimensions you might ideal our departure rate testswrite up in addition to our barrel dimension comparison as well.
Bat 1: Ghost X USSSA 31/21.
The Ghost X we examined is a USSSA variation, 31 inches long as well as 21 ounces with a 2 3/4 ″ barrel. At the time of screening it has about 300 swings, primarily from an above typical sized 11 years of age, primarily tee deal with some front toss as well as batting technique. The bat reveals no sign of spiraling or webbing.
Bat 2: CF Zen USSSA 30/20.
The CF Zen we evaluated is a USSSA version, 30 inches long as well as 20 ounces with a 2 3/4 ″ barrel in the well balanced variation. The Zen has about 500 swings at the time of screening with a mix of tee job, front throw, as well as batting practice. Though the bat shows indicators of use there is still no indicator of webbing or spiraling.
Measurement Equipment Head to Head.
Blast Movement is a tool you place on the end of a bat’s handle to measure various metrics of a bat’s swing soon before, during and shortly after contact.
For our bat testing we made use of a combination of a Blast Motion bat sensor as well as Blast Vision application. We struck off a tee, switching over bats after around 50 swings. Even though the bats are various sizes as well as weights and will skew the numbers somewhat, we assume it’s more like comparing Granny Smith apples to Red Delicious apples than apples to oranges. We also used our very own experience as well as comments for the screening.
Using the Blast Movement bat sensing unit and also the new Blast Vision application we were able to collect evidence on the efficiency of both the DeMarini CF Zen and the Easton Ghost X.
DeMarini CF Zen Checking.
Using the Blast Movement for the CF Zen our 11 years of age hitter had an average bat speed (measurement of the total speed at the sweet area of the bat at effect) of 46.6 miles per hour with a high of 52.7 miles per hour. His peak hand rate (optimal rate of hands relocating with the area) was approximately 16.8 mph with a max of 21.3 miles per hour. Time to speak to (start of forward motion to effect) was an average of.19 secs with a low of.15 secs. His power generated (determined in kilowatts) was approximately 1.0 kw as well as a high of 1.6 kw. His blast factor (swing score up to 100 for overall efficiency) was a typical rating of 48 and a high score of 62.
Making Use Of Blast Vision to determine leave velocity, launch angle, as well as distance we had the ability to collect even more information. Using this tool we gathered that the ordinary exit speed with the Zen was 70 miles per hour with a high of 83 miles per hour. The average range the round was struck was 123 feet with a high of 215 feet.
Ghost X Evaluating.
Making Use Of Blast Vision with Ghost X and also the same player we collected information on performance. Our 11 years of age player had a typical bat rate of 47.3 miles per hour with a high of 53 mph. His peak hand speed was an average of 16.9 miles per hour with a high of 18.6 miles per hour. Time to exposure to the Ghost X was an average of.19 secs with a low of.17 seconds. The power produced was approximately 1.08 kw and a max of 1.36 kw. His blast element with the Ghost X was approximately 53 as well as a high of 65.
Using Blast Vision his average exit rate was 66 mph with a max of 73 mph. The average distance the round was struck was 127 feet with a high of 210 feet.
Case Study Results
So, what does all this tell us? That both bats are great! Our 11 year old player had the ability to produce somewhat even more power according to the Blast Motion with the Ghost X We believe those outcomes are probably the outcome of the distinction between the two bats’ sizes and also weights. As he was able to turn both at approximately the exact same speed with similar hand rate and time to contact, the distinction in kilowatt power and also blast variable is likely a direct result of even more weight behind the swing.
The leave rate revealed a distinctive distinction in between the Zen as well as the Ghost though with the round coming off the bat approximately 4 mph much faster from the Zen and also a top speed 10 miles per hour quicker This can probably be the difference between the variety of swings the bats have actually contended the time of screening.
Case Study Choice
We did see that the CF Zen had much less hand sting on miss out on hits than the Ghost X, however the Ghost was still pretty flexible. The barrel on the Ghost X is sightly bigger, using a little bit much more wonderful place. The CF Zen seemed to be hotter out of the wrapper and also the Ghost needed more break in time, not uncommon for Easton bats. It’s tough to claim today, however in the past our experience has shown Easton bats have actually been a lot more resilient than DeMarini. The cost point on both of the bats equal with a $350 price from the producers.
Our 11 years of age hitter likes both bats quite a bit, however when pressed he has a small choice for the Ghost X. He believes it has a better feel for him and also he strikes it better when turning properly. You will need to make a decision on your own what facets you’re seeking many– faster break in time, more resilience, or bigger sweet spot. Which ever before decision you make, we make certain you’ll enjoy with the efficiency of the bat.
Last update on 2021-07-30 at 16:21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API