- 1 The Best Fastpitch Softball Bats Reviews 2021 (Updated)
- 2 Listed below are Best Fastpitch Softball Bats which satisfy both affordability and quality:
- 3 What is a Fastpitch Softball Bat?
- 4 Types Of Fastpitch Softball Bats
- 5 Top 10 Best Rated Fastpitch Softball Bats
- 5.1 GHOST -10 32-22 FP20GH10 Bat
- 5.2 DeMarini 2020 CF (-10) Fastpitch Bat, 34"/24 oz
- 5.3 EASTON GHOST ADVANCED -10 Fastpitch Softball Bat, 32/22, FP20GHAD10
- 5.4 Louisville Slugger LXT X20 (-10) Fastpitch Bat, 33"/23 oz
- 5.5 DeMarini 2020 Prism (-10) Fasptich Bat, 33"/23 oz
- 5.6 DeMarini 2019 Vendetta (-12) 2 1/4" Fastpitch Bat, 30"/18 oz
- 5.7 Rawlings 2020 Ombre Fastpitch Softball Bat, 29 inch (-11), Pink/Purple/Teal/White (FPZO11-29/18)
- 5.8 Louisville Slugger 2019 LXT X19 (-10) Fastpitch Bat, 32"/22 oz
- 5.9 Louisville Slugger 2019 PXT X19 (-10) Fastpitch Bat, 32"/22 oz
- 5.10 DeMarini 2019 Bustos (-13) 2 1/4" Fastpitch Bat, 29"/16 oz
- 6 BUYING GUIDES: Choose Best Fastpitch Softball Bats
- 7 FAQS
- 8 Conclusion
The Best Fastpitch Softball Bats Reviews 2021 (Updated)
Fastpitch softball is generally played by females of any age. There are still some men’s and co-ed leagues out there, but fastpitch softball is widely regarded as a girl’s sport. But since females starting at about age 5 and all the way up to college age can play fastpitch softball, finding the right bat can be a challenge. There are so many options available, and many of them claim to be the best for a certain type of player. It’s hard to know which manufacturer to believe, so we’ve analyzed some of the top models for you and have separated them from the bad ones. We will provide you with unbiased reviews of some of the best fastpitch softball bats available in 2021.
Listed below are Best Fastpitch Softball Bats which satisfy both affordability and quality:
What is a Fastpitch Softball Bat?
The best fastpitch softball bats are generally made from aluminum, composite or a combination of both, which is referred to as half-and-half. Certain leagues ban different types of bats, so it’s always best to check the rules and regulations of the league or tournament before buying your new fastpitch softball bat.
🔍 Click to read about -> Best Slowpitch Softball Bats
The main difference between slowpitch and fastpitch softball bats is that a fastpitch bat is designed to hit balls that are travelling at speeds up to 80mph. As a result, the bats are generally lighter to give you the ability to react more quickly to the ball that is coming at a fast speed. The weights of the bats are generally from 23oz to about 28oz and lengths of about 32” to 34”. The barrel diameter is the same as with slowpitch softball bats at 2 ¼”.
Manufacturers have conducted a lot of research into making fastpitch softball bats perfect for the game. As a result, using a fastpitch softball bat when playing slowpitch softball, and vice versa, isn’t going to give you the results that you desire. An effective way of determining the right bat is to read some of the best fastpitch softball bat reviews online to get an idea of what is good and what isn’t.
Types Of Fastpitch Softball Bats
Once you know the weight and length that you need in a fastpitch softball bat, then you can start looking into the technical details. There are a few different types of fastpitch bats that you need to be aware of. Even if you aren’t a technical person, we will let you know the advantages and disadvantages of the certain types of bats so you will know that you are purchasing the best fastpitch softball bat for you.
Aluminum, Composite Or Half-And-Half
Aluminum bats are going to be stronger just because of the nature of the material. It’s a strong material, which could make it a little heavier than other bats, but it is also very responsive when the ball strikes the bat. Composite bats are made from fiberglass, graphite and carbon fiber, which are all lighter materials. These are very popular in fastpitch softball since you need a lighter bat in order to have a quicker reaction time to the speed of the ball. Half-and-half bats combine different materials and can sometimes be the best option. However, some leagues don’t allow half-and-half bats, so you’ll have to be aware of that when looking at them.
One-Piece Vs. Two-Pieces
A one-piece softball bat is exactly what it sounds like. It’s a bat that is made of one piece of material all the way through the bat. The advantage is that it is more stable than two-piece bats, but it’s also generally a little heavier. Two-piece bats have two types of construction, so they counter each other to create the perfect swing weight balance. These bats are great for weaker players who want a little more pop because they are generally more flexible than one-piece bats. But stronger players probably won’t like them because they can be a little too flexible at times.
What to Look For in the Best Fastpitch Softball Bats
The first place you need to start when looking for the best fastpitch softball bats is the length and weight. If you aren’t swinging the proper bat with the basic specifications, then none of the other features will matter.
Once you determine the length and weight that you need, then it will be easier to decide whether an aluminum or a composite bat is right for you. The best way to determine this is to try different bats, if possible. Many sporting goods stores will allow you to at least swing them to find out if they feel comfortable to you, and some may even have demos that you can try out to get an even better feel.
Reading some of the best fastpitch softball bats reviews is also a good way to determine which bat is right for you. Find people who have a similar style as you and read what they think about the bat. It’s never a good idea to base your decision solely on reviews from other people, but it’s definitely a good place to start.
Top 10 Best Rated Fastpitch Softball Bats
We’ve conducted dozens of reviews of best fastpitch softball bats and will now provide you with some of the best fastpitch softball bat reviews for 2021:
EASTON GHOST -10 Fastpitch Softball Bat:
The best bat in the video game is currently authorized for use ALL FIELDS! USSSA? Yep. USA/ASA? Yes. ISF, NSA, ISA? Yeah! One bat to rule them all. The All-New Dual Stamp Ghost Double Barrel bat features a patent-pending DOUBLE BARREL layout that is engineered to give players the best possible feel, pop and audio.
Every degree of player will experience success with the Ghost due to its unique double-barrel building, 2-Piece Connexion+ TM modern technology featuring Nitrocell foam for a better total feeling bat and also XTX Xtra Tough Resin Matrix technology supplies the most longevity as well as adaptability with an exceptionally low barrel compression. – -9 length to weight ratio – 2 1/4 inch barrel diameter – 2-Piece Composite – Patent Pending Double Barrel Construction – XTX Xtra Tough Resin Matrix Technology – Connexion+ TM modern technology – Nitrocell foam – Ultra-thin 29/32 inch manage – 1.2 mm Hyperskin Grip – Approved for play in ASA, USSSA, NSA, ISA, ISF – 1 year producer’s service warranty
- Patent-pending Double Barrel construction is the best combination of feeling, pop and audio
- XTX Extra Tough Resin Matrix innovation gives durability and versatility and exceptionally reduced barrel compression
- 2-piece Connexion+ modern technology features Nitro cell foam creating a lighter and also far better feeling connection in between handle as well as barrel
- Ultra-thin 29/32″ handle with 1. 2mm Hyper skin grip
- Qualification: ASA (USA), USSSA (FASTPITCH ONLY), NSA, ISA, ISF
DeMarini 2020 CF:
The 2020 CF (-10) gives you the very best of both worlds with a very responsive as well as long lasting Paraflex Plus Composite barrel. A balanced swing weight and also 3Fusion Connection gives you a light-swinging stick that cuts down resonance on influence. We finished this bat with our brand new ReAction End Cap, developed with more powerful, lighter materials for a faster turn that does not sacrifice efficiency. Elite players will remain to love the CF and prepare to make history at the plate. Comes with a 1 year supplier’s service warranty from DeMarini. – -10 Length to Weight Ratio – 2 1/4 Inch Barrel Diameter – 2-Piece Composite Barrel Design – 3Fusion Connection – ReAction End Cap – Approved for Play In ASA, USSSA, ISA, NSA and also ISF – 1 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
Paraflex+ Composite Barrel
With a massive sweet place and also maximum barrel control, our Paraflex+ Composite Barrel is one of the most responsive in the game.
The streamlined style enables higher weight control and feel while continuing to decrease resonance as well as redirect energy back right into the barrel.
ReAction End Cap
Built with a mix of more powerful as well as lighter products, this end cap increases barrel performance without giving up swing speed.
- Paraflex Plus Composite Barrel: With a huge wonderful place as well as maximum barrel control, our Paraflex+ Composite Barrel is the most responsive in the game
- 3Fusion Connection: The structured style permits greater weight control as well as feel while remaining to minimize vibration and reroute energy back into the barrel
- ReAction End Cap: Built with a mix of stronger as well as lighter products, this end cap raises barrel efficiency without giving up swing rate
EASTON GHOST ADVANCED -10 Fastpitch Softball Bat:
The most popular bat in the game that is accepted for ALL fields, simply obtained hotter: the Easton Ghost Advanced fastpitch bat. Its second-generation DOUBLE BARREL 2? style integrates a lighter internal barrel with a more powerful external barrel, delivering the lowest compression in the game for maximum barrel flex and also performance. Launch Comp? Compound Technology allows for a much longer, lighter, stronger barrel, developing an even larger wonderful spot.
As well as now, our best sensation two-piece bat simply got better: ConneXion Evolution? delivers nearly zero resonance by doubling the quantity of Nitrocell? foam infused right into the ConneXion? joint. Power Boost? Soft Knob modern technology gives more utilize and power potential, all while lowering resonance and boosting comfort for the bottom hand. Customized Lizards Skins? hold, providing gamers with best-in-class feeling, padding and tack. Available in a -11 Dual Stamp version as well as accepted for play in ASA (USA), USSSA (fastpitch just), NSA, ISA and ISF.
- Double Barrel 2 – Second Generation Construction creates a lighter inner barrel with a more powerful external barrel for the most affordable compression in the video game!
- Introduce Comp? – Launch Comp Technology permits a longer, lighter and also stronger barrel
- Power Boost – Patent Pending “Soft-Knob” reduced resonance
- Ultra-thin 29/32″ manage
- Authorized for: ASA (USA), USSSA (Fastpitch only), NSA, ISA, ISF
- Evenly-Balanced Swing Weight
- Double Barrel 2 – Second generation Double Barrel construction incorporates a lighter inner barrel with a more powerful external barrel, producing the most affordable compression in the ready more barrel flex and also higher performance
- Launch Comp – Launch Composite Technology permits a much longer, lighter and also stronger barrel, creating an even larger wonderful place, pushing the limits of performance
- Power Boost – Patent-pending “Soft Knob” innovation gives hitters more take advantage of and power potential, while reducing vibration and improving convenience for the bottom hand
- ConneXion Evolution – By increasing the quantity of Nitrocell foam injected right into the ConneXion joint, the Ghost Advanced generates practically zero vibration for the very best feeling 2-piece bat Easton has ever before made
- Lizard Skins custom bat grasp offers the ultimate feel, padding as well as tack
Louisville Slugger LXT X20:
Others Make Bats, We Make History.
We has sold north of 100 million bats– making it, without question, the most prominent bat brand in background.
Louisville Slugger continues to control both the timber and also aluminum bat worlds, with countless players swinging Slugger. In the past years, lots of college baseball national champions have hammered their method to the top with Louisville Slugger bats in their hands.
Rooted in history as well as practice, Louisville Slugger remains to grow and progress. Lately, the firm has actually gone far past bats, piloting innovations in performance innovation by creating devices ranging from batting gloves as well as helmets to training help as well as devices for the video game’s ideal players.
The LXT X20 Fastpitch bat from Louisville Slugger remains true to the bat’s track record as a hot-out-of-the-wrapper stick that mixes swing rate as well as equilibrium completely. Perfect for players from the youth levels completely up via the university and also pro ranks, the LXT is the very best bat in the Louisville Slugger lineup at minimizing vibration, permitting players to turn through the sphere with ease. That’s enabled by the bat’s three-piece style, centered around the VCX Vibration Control Connection System– enabling independent motion between the barrel and take care of.
There are no bad vibes with the LXT X20. Just seem and speed– the signature performance noise players are familiar with– as well as unbelievable pop. From the PBF Barrel Technology to the ultra-lightweight X-Cap, this bat integrates to provide the hitter a lot more control at home plate and far better swing speed than in the past. Features a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty from Louisville Slugger. – -10 Length to Weight Ratio – 2 1/4 Inch Barrel Diameter – 3-Piece Composite – Balanced swing weight – PBF Technology – VCX Vibration Control Connection System – Ultra-lightweight X-Cap design – Premium LS Pro Comfort Grip – Approved for Play In ASA, USSSA, ISA, NSA and also ISF – 1 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
PBF Barrel Technology
Full Composite with single disk – PBF Technology for maximum pop, a significant sweet place, and also amazing sound on get in touch with.
PREMIUM LS PRO COMFORT GRIP
Premium LS Pro Comfort Grip with enhanced tack for far better feeling as well as even more control.
- BARREL: Full Composite with patented solitary disk – PBF Technology for maximum pop, a substantial pleasant place, and also incredible noise on get in touch with.
- CONSTRUCTION: Three-piece layout featuring VCX Vibration Control Connection System – a trademarked elastomeric link that permits independent movement in between the barrel and the deal with to manage resonance and supply unequaled feel on contact.
- SWING WEIGHT – Balanced swing weight for severe control and also maximum turn rate.
- END CAP: Ultra light-weight X-Cap design for boosted speed and control at home plate.
- GRIP: Premium LS Pro Comfort Grip with increased tack for much better feeling as well as even more control.
DeMarini 2020 Prism:
Introducing the 2020 Prism Fastpitch bat from DeMarini, currently authorized for All-Association play. We’ve tweaked our D-LAB development that stands up to altering conditions and also offers gamers the very same feeling of striking in a game, in practice, off a tee or live pitching. Our Gapped Barrel technology permits the low compression external wall surface to work hand-in-hand with the even lower-compression internal wall, providing you a modern spring on call that launches the round.
The Continuous Fiber Composite style offers the Prism an enormous pleasant area and distinct noise while the 3Fusion System keeps the power in the barrel and also the hurting out of your hands. Includes a 1 year supplier’s service warranty from DeMarini. – -10 Length to Weight Ratio – 2 1/4 Inch Barrel Diameter – Continuous Fiber Composite Design – Gapped Barrel modern technology – 3Fusion System – Refract End Cap – Approved For Play in ASA, ISA, ISF, NSA and USSSA – 1 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
Continual Fiber Wall
A single sheet of very solid composite rolled right into itself to develop a lighter barrel without extra, no breaks, and also astonishing power.
Gapped Wall Technology
Two separate wall surfaces operate in conjunction with each other to supply a substantial pleasant spot, and create a distinct efficiency, sound and also feel throughout the largest series of pitch rates.
The streamlined design allows for better weight control and also really feel while remaining to minimize resonance as well as redirect power back right into the barrel.
Enhanced to deal with our Continuous Fiber Gapped Wall barrel, the Refract EndCap aids players create extreme bat rate to maximize the elite performance of the Prism.
- Doublewall Gapped Barrel Technology to provide a massive pleasant place and develop a special efficiency, audio and really feel across the best variety of pitch speeds
- Continuous Fiber Composite Barrel develops a lighter barrel without excess, no breaks, and also astounding power
- ReFract EndCap enhanced to work with our Continuous Fiber Gapped Wall to help gamers produce severe bat rate to take full advantage of the elite efficiency of the Prism
- 3Fusion Connection enables greater weight control and also feel while remaining to decrease vibration and also redirect energy back right into the barrel
- Half and Half Two-piece Design
- Certification: ASA, USSSA, NSA, ISA, ISF
DeMarini 2019 Vendetta:
Bring a Vendetta to the recipe with you this period. One of the most preferred young people performance fastpitch bat on the marketplace, the 2019 Vendetta (-12) is excellent for players aiming to take their game to the next degree. A ultra-light D-Lite Handle style provides you a more balanced feeling as well as pairs flawlessly with the Paradox Composite barrel for unbelievable feeling. A bigger striking area makes it continually effective and also a Big D End Cap assists remove and also absorb vibration for a smooth swing with the zone. Come’s With a 1 year producer’s service warranty from DeMarini. – -12 Length to Weight Ratio – 2 1/4 Inch Barrel Diameter – Paradox Composite Barrel – D-Lite Handle – Big D End Cap – Approved for USSSA, ASA, NSA, ISA, ISF – 1 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Mystery Composite Barrel: Designed to perform softer, hotter as well as a lot more responsive
- D-Lite Handle: Ultra-light handle style for a much more balanced feeling and increased bat rate
- Large D End Cap: Helps soak up resonance on mishit spheres
Rawlings 2020 Ombre Fastpitch Softball Bat Series:
The 2020 Rawlings Ombre fastpitch softball bat is the optimal young people bat for young gamers aiming to discover the game. The ultra light structure makes this bat exceptionally simple to make and also turn contact. Finally, the white, hot pink, purple and also mint design will make this bat the envy of every player at the field. The 2020 Rawlings Ombre fastpitch softball bat is authorized for usage in all ASA USSSA, NSA, ISF, and ISA sanctioned softball organizations, in addition to all other associations using 98 MPH w/ ABI.
- BUILT FOR PERFORMANCE ADN DURABILITY, the Ombre Fastpitch Softball Bat (-11) supplies young fastpitch gamers with a bigger sweetspot that is strategically put to provide you much more pop and distance from your hits
- PERFECT FOR YOUTH FASTPITCH SOFTBALL PLAYERS AGES 8 AND UNDER, this bat includes X-Tended Sweetspot Technology that consists of a prolonged alloy barrel
- ULTRA LIGHT DROP WEIGHT AND CONCAVED ENDCAP produces faster swing rates
- CONSTRUCTED FROM A DURABLE, 1-PIECE ALLOY for regular efficiency
- Approved for usage by USA/ASA, USSSA, NSA, ISF, ISA, and all other organizations making use of 98MPH w/ABI
- -11 Drop Weight. The higher the decrease weight, the much easier it will certainly be to turn. (Drop Weight = Bat Length (inches) subtracted from Bat Weight (ounces)).
Louisville Slugger 2019 LXT X19:
The leader in Fastpitch softball has actually included a brand-new star to its gaining lineup. Louisville Slugger is introducing the all-new 2019 PXT Fastpitch bat, the business’s most sophisticated and cutting-edge bat to date for elite players prepared for a bat that can match their game.
The 2019 PXT (-10) is weighted at a -10 decline with a Power Balanced end-loaded layout best for elite hitters that desire the utmost combination of momentum, rate as well as unrivaled pop.
The 2019 PXT is constructed from knob to endcap for unrivaled power as well as performance. It features Louisville Slugger’s brand new PWR STAX ™ barrel design, which evenly distributes the load across the whole barrel for an extended pleasant spot as well as best results. This multi-layered wall surface building and construction is created to transform player-created energy right into efficiency you can see … and feel. The PXT is likewise offered in -9 and -8 weight drops.
Up your game with a bat that fits your swing: the all new PXT from Louisville Slugger.
Patented PBF Barrel Technology
Louisville Slugger PBF Barrel Technology gives you not just an expanded wonderful spot– but optimal pop from the very first swing to the last.
LS Pro Comfort Grip
The all-new LS Pro Comfort Grip is made with one thing in mind: control. This hold features a perfect blend of tack and convenience for even more control than ever.
VCX Technology allows for independent movement between the barrel and also handle. What does this indicate? When you make get in touch with, better regulated vibration and an unrivaled feel.
Ultra-Lightweight X-Cap Design
The apparently small details issue. A brand-new ultra-lightweight X-cap assists you reach the high warm with enhanced swing speed and better durability.
- Vcx innovation: allows for independent movement in between the barrel as well as manage that manages vibration as well as unparalleled feeling on contact. Vcx modern technology produces a feeling special to every sport as well as gamer kind
- Ls professional convenience grip – locks hands into the grip, providing you much better control as well as feel
- Ultra-Balanced swing weight: ideal for severe control and also optimum swing rate
- Ultra-Lightweight x-cap design: gives enhanced swing rate; low-profile design increases barrel length for prolonged pleasant area
- Patented PBF barrel modern technology: provides you optimal pop right out of the wrapper
Louisville Slugger 2019 PXT X19:
Ready to build on its growing legacy, the 2019 PXT X19 Fastpitch bat from Louisville Slugger is changing the game – again.
Mass FX Loaded Sweet Spot Technology places a better amount of mass directly behind the pleasant spot – creating even more momentum and also uncomplicated power each time you tip to home plate. The PWR STAX barrel design evenly distributes the load on influence, pairing completely with the brand-new Mass FX technology for included appear this brand-new version. The multi-layered building and construction is developed to intensify player-created energy right into effective performance.
VCX modern technology permits independent motion between the barrel and also deal with in the 2019 PXT X19, managing vibration and also supplying unmatched feel on call. This bat includes an ultra-lightweight X-Cap and all brand-new Slugger Pro Comfort grasp to provide you a lot more control than ever – without sacrificing any one of the power you’ve involved enjoy in a PXT bat.
The 2019 PXT (-10) is designed for elite players that desire the utmost combination of power and also pop.Change the video game with the brand new PXT from Louisville Slugger.
Mass FX Loaded Sweet Spot Technology
The brand new MASS FX Loaded Sweet Spot Technology puts extra mass right behind the wonderful place. Which means something: even more energy and also very easy power with each swing.
PWR STAX Barrel Technology
PWR STAX barrel innovation disperses the tons when you make call, coordinating with the brand new MASS FX ™ Loaded Sweet Spot Technology for even more pop.
LS Pro Comfort Grip
The brand new LS Pro Comfort Grip is designed with one point in mind: control. This grip features a perfect mix of tack and also comfort for even more control than in the past.
VCX Technology enables independent movement between the barrel and also handle. What does this mean? Better regulated resonance and also an unmatched feel when you make contact.
- New mass FX loaded pleasant area modern technology: places a greater quantity of mass straight behind the wonderful spot – developing more energy as well as effortless power
- Vcx modern technology: allows for independent movement in between the barrel as well as take care of that controls resonance and also unparalleled feeling on call. Vcx technology develops a feel distinct per sport as well as gamer kind
- Ls professional convenience grasp – locks hands into the grip, offering you far better control and feel. 7/8 inch conventional Fastpitch manage size
- Pwr stax barrel modern technology: evenly disperses lots on impact across whole barrel
- Power balanced swing weight: perfect for elite hitters trying to find supreme control-pop combination with 7/8 inch basic fastpitch take care of size
DeMarini 2019 Bustos:
Allow it tear with the 2019 Bustos (-13) bat without bothering with hand sting or resonances. The 13-ounce weight decrease assists youth gamers get the bat with the zone as swiftly as possible, making sure the highest degree of performance possible. Clear the fencings with this easy-swinging, great-feeling stick. Comes with a 1 year manufacturer’s guarantee from DeMarini. – -13 Length to Weight Ratio – 2 1/4 Inch Barrel Diameter – Two-piece design: Half+ Half – DX1 Alloy – Certified for Play in ASA, ISA, ISF, NSA, USSSA – 1 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Paradox Composite Barrel: Designed to execute softer, hotter as well as more receptive
- D-Lite Handle: Ultra-light handle style for an extra well balanced feeling and also enhanced bat speed
- Big D End Cap: Helps soak up resonance on missed out on rounds
- Sporting Activity Type: Softball
BUYING GUIDES: Choose Best Fastpitch Softball Bats
Features to consider when Choosing Softball Bats
One-piece bats: If you are looking for minimum flex, this is the bat for you. Since they are one piece, they are extremely strong.
Two-piece bats: The handle is separate from the barrel and thanks to their design, these bats give you maximum trampoline effect.
Number of barrel walls: Bats with many barrel walls are actually made of many layers (of the material) and create a spring effect. These are excellent choices for maximum trampoline.
End Caps: This is the cap at the end of the barrel.
Material/Durability: The material used for the production of bats plays a great role to their durability. These are the most common materials:
Composite bats:These ones are made of carbon fiber, fiberglass and graphite. They are hybrid bats. Most two-piece bats are made of composite materials and have an alloy barrel and composite handle. They are often prohibited by leagues, so check with yours. They are great for both fast and slow pitch bats.
Bamboo bats: This is the strongest material among all other wood-made bats. Since it is extra strong, it lasts longer. The material is often used for the construction of slow pitch softball bats.
Maple bats: This material is hard and really stiff and so maple bats are often used by power hitters.
Ash bats: This is a soft material and so the perfect choice for those seeking high trampoline effect. It flexes when the bat is swung and offers to the player better control over the bat. They are often used for slow pitch games.
Alloy bats: These bats are made of aluminum. One-piece bats are often made of aluminum or aluminum mixed with other metals so that they will be extremely strong. Alloy bats are excellent for slow and fast pitch games.
Grip: This is the bat handle wrap. Lizard skins are very popular. You can buy these wraps separately and install them yourself.
Taper (Handles): Bats have either flexible or stiff handlers. With one-piece bats, the handle and barrel are one and this makes the handle stiffer. Two-piece bats have a separate handle and that makes them more flexible.
Barrel: Barrels vary in terms of weight, material and length. Depending on their stiffness, they will be more or less flexible to give trampoline effect. The barrel actually acts as a spring. It stores energy to return it to the ball to increase speed and land further. So, before you choose your bat, you must decide whether you need a barrel with elastic properties (often found in two-piece bats) or not.
Weight Distribution: We have three distinctions here:
Balanced bats: Their weight is evenly distributed (as their name implies) all the way from the knob to the end cap. These are the favorite bats for contact hitters and the most popular ones.
End-loaded bats: These bats have more weight at the end cap.
Max-loaded bats: They are similar to the end-loaded bats, but their weight is more towards the end. They are designed for players with strength who can easily manage swing control and so they are not the best choice for children.
Size: The size of your bat depends on your height and weight. For example, for a player with 57-60 inches height and weighing 101-110 pounds, a 31” bat is required.
Length ranges: For slow pitch bats: 33” to 34”. For fast pitch bats: 32” to 34”. For youth leagues: 29” to 32”.
Weight ranges: For slow pitch bats: 26 to 30 oz. For fast pitch bats: 23 to 28 oz. For youth leagues: 14 to 27 oz.
Drop weight ranges: -8 to -13. This is the weight minus the length. For example, a 32” inch bat weighing 22 ounces will have a -10 drop weight.
Feeling: This is the way the bat feels in your hands. It must not be too heavy and must also feel good when you touch it in your hands.
Importance of Reviews – Something to Keep in Mind
- What type of game:
Are you interested in fast or slow pitch softball games? They are different. The pitcher throws the ball differently and the batter responds accordingly. As their name implies, in soft pitch softball games the ball is about 12 inches big and must arch on its way to the hitter. The pitch in fast pitch softball games is fast.
- Why the material is important:
The material is important because it will make the bat lightweight or heavy and neither is good. The bat must allow some flexibility and still be strong. If it’s too heavy, you won’t be able to keep control over it. If it’s too light, you won’t hit the ball with ease.
If you are looking for a new bat, you are either a new player or want to replace the older one. Either case, you need to get a bat, which will help you have great performance in the field. With new bats coming out, you certainly need a new one that will be much better than the last one. Two-piece bats might break, but they are excellent for trampoline effect. If you are a new player, you should focus on the length of the hot spot of the barrel. The longer the sweet spot the better for high performance! Choosing a bat for high performance is extremely important if your league is governed by associations (ASA, USSSA etc.).
There is no doubt that softball bats are not inexpensive. Some cost a few hundred dollars and the truth is that the average family can hardly afford such prices. The good news is that there are some good deals out there. It depends on your needs, too. If you want a bat for your daughter but she is still learning, there is no need to spend a fortune. You can find excellent bargains and still have the best softball bats for her.
It’s always preferable to trust a well-known brand, which can give you warranty. Most softball bat manufacturers do continuous research and focus on details related to the elasticity and high performance of their products. Since they have many things to lose, they never stop making improvements. Brands, like Miken, Louisville Slugger and DeMarini, have been tested for their products for years, but you should still read more about their products before buying anything. Don’t forget that their models vary, too. The good thing is that they have experience and could help you choose, too.
- League Requirement/Organization Approval/Bat Regulation/Approved for ASA or USSSA:
There are always league requirements and most of them meet the standards set by ASA and USSSA. For example, some associations do not accept bats made of composite. So, it’s best to check with your league about their requirements before you invest in a new bat. Not all leagues are governed by these associations, but those which do they would want a bat with a certification stamp.
What are the regulations for fastpitch softball bats?
Mainly it relies on league policies and also laws. Leading leagues and softball organizations like ASA, USSSA, ISA, NSA adhere to the size as well as weight for softball bats. Typically, a fastpitch softball bat have to have a 2 1/4 inches barrel size as well as 3 1/2 oz in weight.
What is weight go down?
Weight declines are measured by 2 factors- bat length as well as bat weight. Easy arithmetic determines weight decrease. Essentially, we can claim
Weight decline = Bat weight (ounces)– Bat length (inches).
Ex: Weight drop =32 ounces– 22 inches.
So, the weight drop is -10 or go down 10. Furthermore, -11, -12, -13 weight declines are available as well as recommended for 12u.
How to pick the right bat for 12u?
Well, simply adhere to the steps below-.
- Obtain the ideal size (for 12u, it is 28– 31 inches).
- Solve weight decrease (-8, -9, -10, -11, -12).
- For more youthful women, the decline is -12 and also -13.
- For older ladies with a good swing, the decrease is -8, -9, -10.
- Get aluminum as well as composite bats; crossbreed bats are larger.
- See to it the bat is authorized by ASA, USSSA, ISA, and also NSA.
- For newbies, it is much better to make use of a fastpitch softball bat than slowpitch ones.
What is the difference in between slowpitch as well as fastpitch?
Slowpitch: Larger spheres, pitch much arch on its way to the batter, 10 players on the field each time, and also bunting is completely prohibited. These are the compulsory problems of slowpitch softball. Additionally, league guidelines, umpire conditions are likewise relevant if necessary.
Fastpitch: Strictly 12 inches bowling range is kept, the arch isn’t needed, 9 gamers on the area at a time, bunting and also swiping are allowed. These major regulations need to be complied with by all gamers in the ground. Likewise slowpitch, fastpitch softball league regulations can be changed based on umpire choices.
What dimension of softball bats should I utilize?
Fastpitch softball bats range from 26 to 32 creeps for young people gamers and also 30 to 34 inches in size for high school as well as even more seasoned players. They will typically have a decrease weight going from– 8 to– 14. The drop weight shows the length to weight percentage. Nevertheless, gamer elevation and also weight impact bat sizing. We currently gave bat sizing according to player height as well as weight if you review this short article.
It can be an overwhelming process to try to find the perfect best fastpitch softball bats. With all of the different options available, it’s difficult to know which one has the best features that will help you with your game. Comfort is the main thing you need to consider when buying a new bat. Now that you have some of the basic knowledge about fastpitch softball bats, you will be able to check out some of the best fastpitch softball bats reviews and find the bat that is perfect for you!
Last update on 2021-04-10 at 21:12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API